We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stampede Parking Question

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Stampede Parking Question

During the Stampede, where is best or easiest for parking? I've gone to the Stampede website, and there's a map which shows a lot of parking areas, about 19 parking lots, but wondering if this is correct? I am wondering if maybe most of these parking lots are possibly used during the Stampede for rides, food stalls, and other various attractions. In which case, they're not really parking areas during the Stampede event? Or, maybe they are parking areas, I am just asking here to clarify. Basically looking for directions on where to park. Thank you.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,398 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Stampede Parking Question

Sorry, meant to say that I boarded the train at Brentwood at about 11:15. We got onto the grounds at about 11:45, after a bit of a wait at the entrance. If you can, take the stairs down from the C-Train station to the admission plaza instead of walking down the ramp; most people were taking the ramp, so it backed up and there was a longer wait. I wasn't in a huge rush, or I would have turned around and headed for the stairs.

Because of the heat, we took the exit ramp from the interior of the BMO Centre (where it was nicely air-conditioned) up to the C-Train station. There was nobody at this exit to stamp our hands for re-entry, and you can't pay your admission and enter here; the doors are locked from the outside.

calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Stampede Parking Question

charging 55 for parking is insane. that is my point and 2 years ago i parked at the grounds at the parkade at the saddledome for 25 dollars which was a FAIR price. almost as bad as the price gouging that went on during the flood.esp for water and ice. embarassing to even throw out that number for parking.shame on you stampede for even charging that high of a rate.

23. Re: Stampede Parking Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:20