We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stampede 2014 questions

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Stampede 2014 questions

I believe the Stampede 2014 tickets go on sale soon?

As a new comer to both Calgary and the Stampede what would be the best shows to attend?

We will be in Calgary from the day before the Stampede Parade so plan to watch that and we leave the following Tueaday so what should we be watching?

IF we buy grandstand tickets where do we need to sit to have a great view?

Thank you ( I have read the answers on the left but wanted more detailed information)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stampede 2014 questions

Every day of stampede they will do the same two shows:

1. The Rodeo in the afternoon

2. The Chuckwagon Races which is followed by the Grandstand Show and then fireworks

I have been to both and got cheaper tickets and could see just fine. I can't comment on the more expensive tickets - but I'm sure they are better if you want to pay extra. The shows are long, so I don't recommend the cheapest tickets which are standing tickets - it's nice to have the option to sit down. Also, keep in mind that some seats are exposed and it can be pretty hot sitting in the afternoon sun during the rodeo. Bring a hat and sunscreen if you are in one of those seats.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,395 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stampede 2014 questions

The Stampede has been discussed in many threads on this forum. If you enter the word 'stampede' in the search field for Calgary forums, just above your avatar, you will be able to read dozens of threads about it. The dates will be out of order, so make sure you click on the page number for page 2 and even page 3.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,733 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stampede 2014 questions

Tickets go on sale Oct. 1.

4. Re: Stampede 2014 questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 05:19