We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far away from Super 8 Motel Village Calgary to airport

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How far away from Super 8 Motel Village Calgary to airport

I am planning a night in Super 8 Motel Village Calgary, at 1904 Crowchild Trail NW, Calgary. From google map it seems has only 16km drive about 21 min. When I call motel staff, she told me it will take one hour since it is a busy trafic driving. I will be driving in the early morning around 5am to catch 7am flight. Can someone tell me exactly how long it might take?

Thanks,

J

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far away from Super 8 Motel Village Calgary to airport

21 min seems more reasonable at that time of day. It can be an hour or more during rush hour, so that's probably the standard hotel response. I would probably plan to leave at 4:30am. That gives you a little extra time, just in case.

I'm assuming you're going back to the US? US flights need the most time for check-in. We have a US customs office here, so after you check-in, you have to be processed by customs, nd then when you land in the US, you'll land at a domestic gate and do not have to deal with customs again. After customs you check your bags (possibly after being screened), then you go through security. The lines for customs and security are longest on Monday mornings because there are lots of US flights at that time in the morning, and they are most full on Mondays with Calgary business travellers going to the US.

It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the airport from my house, and I generally leave just before 5am for those 7am US flights.

2. Re: How far away from Super 8 Motel Village Calgary to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 12:19