We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Executive Royal Hotel

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Executive Royal Hotel

Any recent visitors to this hotel? What was your experience and were the rooms upgraded? Looking for a reasonably priced, clean, modern hotel for a few days. I have read the reviews but Looking for a recent experience. Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

What is your price range...I may be able to give a good alternative if that one doesn't go through.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

Looking for something under $200 per night. Executive is $170 so around that price. Don't need pool or lots of amenities, just want clean, comfortable, affordable place to stay. Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

My work used to put us up in those hotels in Edmonton...overall, I'd say they are good...but good like Holiday Inn good, so $170 seems a bit steep in my opinion. You need to be near the airport?

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
615 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

Rooms were ok but that seems a little high I thought we paid in the $140 range, just don't eat there the buffet was terrible as well as the service in the restaurant . Free parking if you are flying out you can leave your car there.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

Calgary hotels are all overpriced. It's the main reason I never stay overnight in Calgary anymore.

Don't know this Executive, but have stayed in others, and they've always been clean, comfortable, etc.

What are your dates ... that will also have an effect on the price.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 21:23
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

The new Holiday Inn Expresses are great...I believe there is a new one near the airport.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

Staying the end of juky, we don't need to be near the airport but the downtown hotels are way too expensive. I'll check out the holiday inn. It I saw $250+ per night and I think it's too much. I know it will be expensive but most holiday in s I have ever stae day were under $120. Thank you for thr replies

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,683 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

I just looked at end of July for Executive and it's showing week day rates of $134, and weekends of $104.

https://reservations.synxis.com/xbe/rez.aspx…

If this link doesn't work, then go to website and Click on the daily HOT promo rate link

Edited: 03 April 2014, 22:13
New Westminster...
Level Contributor
356 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

I am staying in Calgary soon and was looking at this hotel as well. They have renovated from the research I have done but have gone to laminate wood floors. Musical instruments have been made of wood for centuries because wood carries sound very very well. My guess is you would hear everything the neighbours are saying. Or doing.

10. Re: Executive Royal Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 07:16