We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary Transit

Which Calgary hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Calgary Transit

We will be visiting Calgary on September 4 and plan to spend the afternoon in the city. our plan is to park at the Saddletowne station and take the C train in. We would arrive at the station about 2 or 2:30 pm. Do you think we will have a problem finding a parking spot at the Saddletowne station at this time of day? Thank you for your assistance.

Canada
Level Contributor
602 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary Transit

The parking lots at the Ctrain stations are normally quite full on weekdays. Because you are getting there in the afternoon you may be able to find a spot in the reserved parking area which is only reserved until 10:00 am and then is first come, first served. I would recommend having a backup plan though in case you aren't able to find parking at the Saddletowne station.

What are your plans while in Calgary and where will you be taking the train to?

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary Transit

We will be in Calgary for 2 1/2 days before beginning a land tour. During this time we plan a day trip to the Drumheller area and another day trip to Head smashed in buffalo jump. Really looking forward to each of these. Our afternoon in Calgary will include Glenbow Museum and walking to see some of the city.

Hope we can use the C train for transportation as we don't want to bring the car into town. Do you have a suggested backup plan if no parking is available at Saddletowne station?

Thanks for your advice

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,200 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary Transit

At that time of day, it shouldn't be too hard to find on-street parking within walking distance of the station.

Impark has a large pay lot at the Peter Lougheed Hospital for $4 per hour; from there you could walk to the Sunridge Station.

Peter Lougheed Centre (PLC) - Lot #379

3500 - 26th Avenue NE

As a last resort, you could park at the Genesis Centre (near Saddletowne) or Sunridge Mall, but you run the risk of being ticketed. On the plus side, they probably won't be watching for LRT commuters in the afternoon.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 22:39
Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary Transit

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I think we we will do fine. Always the optimist.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary Transit

Just to clarify one point in CW's great post...the "Sunridge" Ctrain station that she mentioned is actually called Rundle Station (it's right by Sunridge Mall however so people often call it Sunridge station). Just so you aren't confused I thought I would clarify that one point.

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Calgary Transit

I realized that when I looked at Google maps. Thank you for covering the bases so this visitor would not get confused while exploring your area.

7. Re: Calgary Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:16