We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

ontlady
5 posts
Save Topic
Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

I am arriving in calgary around 12pm. Car rentals at the airport are about $!00 -150 more expesive then renting somewhere else. I am lookingat enterprise they have 50% off weekends if rented off airport. The next closes location is edmonton tr NE is what they say. How far is that and is it easy to get to via cab anyonw know how much it would be??

thanks

i am renting form feb15-20th

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

OntLady

I had a look at the Enterprise Calgary locations. Since the airport location (not participating) is at a T2E 6W5 postal code, I entered that postal code on the Directions feature of mapquest.ca and the 2 other T2E Enterprise Calgary locations.

The location at T2E 8L2 is 8km south of the airport. Perhaps another poster could comment about cab ease and price from YYC to BAY#5, 2520-23RD ST NE CALGARY, AB T2E8L2 Tel.: (403) 735-6080.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

I dont know exact cab fare but it is about a 10-15minute ride and I would expect $15 or less for a cab....well worth it!

ontlady
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

Thak you so much I will be renting away from the airport

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

Hey Ontlady

The location you will want to rent from off site is Bay # 5 2520 23rd street n.e. You will have to take a cab to get to them - it will be around $15, A LOT cheaper rate and you don't have to pay the 3 taxes YYC adds on to each rental car. If you ask the guys at the N.E. location realllly nicely they will usually drop you off at the airport no charge. Many smart travellers rent from this location to save not paying the airport tax ! This is my old branch and we saw this all the time :)

ontlady
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

Thanks for your help I am renting from Bay 5 much much cheaper. Will the cab driver know how to get there? thanks for all you rhelp

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

>>>>>>Will the cab driver know how to get there?<<<<<<

Any Calgarian will be able to get there blind-folded (well, not that it's a good idea to drive blind-folded, but I hope you know what I mean).

The way Calgary's streets are laid out, the cab driver will know that 2520 - 23rd Street NE is in the northeast quadrant, on 23rd Street, near the intersection of 25th Avenue.

Regina
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

I rent in Calgary all the time. I rent from Discount and they are onlu a5 mins from the airport but they offer free P/U and delivery to the airport.

You should be able to get an economy car at around $33.00 per day c/w 600 kms per day.

The people at Discount are excellent.

8. Re: Calgary Car rental HELP PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 21:16