We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian places to eat

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
10 posts
Save Topic
Vegetarian places to eat

Visiting Edmonton for one week at the end of July 07. Just wondering if anyone jnoes of any good veggie places to eat.

Many thanks

xxx

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian places to eat

8x8

Here's a link to get you started with veggie Edm restaurants

happycow.net/north_america/…

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
307 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian places to eat

Edmonton has only 4 exclusively vegetarian restaurants that I am aware of. Not too impressive, I know - Alberta is definitely beef country.

Cafe Mosaics on Whyte Avenue and Lucky in the Ritchie neighbourhood just south and east of Whyte Avenue - both owned by the same family and both are great. My partner is a regular, and is very fond of the Cowgirl Breakfast.

Oriental Veggie House and Padmanadi are in the Chinatown area of downtown. They are separately owned and operated, but are quite similar in that they both serve Asian dishes made with "fake meat". Highlights include the Kung Pao "Chicken" at Padmanadi and the "Lamb" Curry at Oriental Veggie House.

There are also a few great restaurants I can think of whose menus are a pretty equal split of vegetarian and meat dishes. These include Blue Plate Diner downtown (modern comfort food), Organic Roots near the University campus (a health-food store with a nice little cafe in it), and Bacon in the Highlands neighbourhood east of downtown. Bacon is a new favorite - it's tiny, with about 8 tables, and a sort of retro-cool decor. Their menu is a sort of modern prairie food with a slight Ukrainian twist, and they strive to source their ingredients from local suppliers.

Alberta
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian places to eat

True, there's not many exclusively vegetarian restaurants, but you'll find that most of the trendy places do have several good options on their menus.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I love the veggie burgers at the High Level Diner on 109 Street near the U of A. I do believe they have a pretty good mixed menu as well.

4. Re: Vegetarian places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 11:20