We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will I make my connection

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
will I make my connection

Hi,

Will be flying to Edmonton from Vancouver on November 8th, landing at 10:50 and must connect to a flight to Ottawa flying out at 11:25. I will just have a small carry on, will I make my connecting flight? How big is Edmonton airport? Will be flying with Air Canada both times. Do I have to walk far to get to the next gate?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will I make my connection

It will be close no matter what, no delays please!

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,515 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will I make my connection

When you are flying with the same airline they have an incentive to get you on that plane. The AirCanada domestic gates are all in the same area. We had a 30 min difference using reward points and had lots of time to make the connection but the checked baggage did not.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will I make my connection

it would make me nervous but the majority of my flights have always been on time. and, in early november, you shouldh't have to worry abort bad storm delays. good thing you only have carry on. that's good.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will I make my connection

With carry-on you should be fine.

I have had shorter connection times at the Winnipeg airport with Westjet and all was fine. If you're concernex about deplaning to make your next boarding, just ask an attendant if you can deplane sooner than others.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will I make my connection

Seems like your big concern is the size of the airport. You should be fine- it's a decent size airport but you're not going to have to walk a mile or anything.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: will I make my connection

It's not a big airport and they are both domestic flights so the gates are probably close. If there are no delays you should be okay. I thought they were supposed to give you at least an hour for connecting flights.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will I make my connection

Super tight but at least you won't have to go far to the next gate. Good luck.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: will I make my connection

The shortest delay could throw it all off but at least you won't have to go far to the next gate. Good luck.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: will I make my connection

Hi,

Thank you to all who responded to my post. I made the connection without any glitches. In fact two flight attendants on my Vancouver flight switched to my Ottawa flight. I was surprised to see them on board. Lucky for me I only had to walk a short distance of 3 gates when I checked the boarding gate info screen. Though it said boarding time for Ottawa was 10:50, they didn't start boarding until 11:00. We landed on time in Edmonton which was 10:50. Also when I was in Vancouver waiting at the boarding area, I spoke to the agent about my short connection time, she was so nice that she changed my seat and gave me an aisle seat close to the front, behind business class so that I could barrel out of the plane.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: will I make my connection

That's good to hear, thanks for the follow-up....