We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

downtown, place to stay

Which Edmonton hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
1 post
Save Topic
downtown, place to stay

Hello, all!

Could you be kind and recommend me a descent place to stay for about 10 nights around or close to the downtown. Right now cheapest hotel is about 75 $

Thank you in advance!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,726 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: downtown, place to stay

If you can find something for $75 and it is decent - go for it!!! When I go to Edmonton, I usually stay on the south side, or sometimes in the west end (West Edm. Mall area) in one of the chain hotels - in other words, nothing special. With a motor club discount, these usually run $100 to $130 per night, plus taxes. I have stayed in some of the independent, cheaper motels on the south side in the past (around your price range), but found them lacking in terms of cleanliness. Downtown is usually more expensive than further out.

A few years ago, I stayed at "Tower on the Park" and liked it (near downtown). My husband stayed there once though in the summer and did not like it because there was no air conditioning.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: downtown, place to stay

Dag

I'm with KRP: $75 for downtown Edm is cheap!

The cheapest I can think of is tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154914-d154733…

The recent review is much more favourable.

I put in one date, and got a "best choice" rate of $64 +11% tax at www.choicehotels.ca/hotels/hotel…

3. Re: downtown, place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 15:18