We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grande Prairie Inn

Spruce Grove Alberta
1 post
Save Topic
Grande Prairie Inn

This hotel has no compassion--recently tried to register with a credit card from Edmonton for my grandson who was involved in a auto accident and had lost his identification,money etc--imperative we have a room as his leg was in a cast from hip to toes...could not get him on a flight till next day--hotel would not take my valid credit card to book a room for the night when in fact they had vacancies!!Policy was the answer??I have contacted my company and we will stay at any other hotel than the Grande(not in my estimation) Inn..this takes a lot to turn someone away in this condition--I would recommend any "OTHER" hotel especially the "Ramada Hotel" for making the accommodatios available in a time of extreme need.

Jim Johnson

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,588 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grande Prairie Inn

I'm sorry to hear about your grandson's injuries, but it's good to hear that the Ramada stepped in to help you out. I'm not sure exactly what policy was cited by the Grande Inn. Was it because a non-guest was paying (your grandson was in Grande Praire, while you were in Edmonton)?

Alberta
Level Contributor
355 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grande Prairie Inn

Sounds to me like you had a 'CREDIT CARD NOT PRESENT' transaction taking place. Businesses have the hardest time with these kinds of transactions because they can be challenged very easily by the consumers. The business also pays a hefty premium to accept cards that aren't present because of the high rate of fraud with these transactions.

Sorry that you were in a bad situation. Glad someone did help you out. However, I can completely understand the hotels' refusal to accept a credit card over the phone for a customer with no ID.

3. Re: Grande Prairie Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 16:20
Get answers to your questions about Grande Prairie