We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

We plan to drive to Maligne Lake - but not take the cruise. I've found a few references to restaurants at the lake and have been searching for about half an hour for more details. There are references to the Maligne Lake View Restaurant and the Maligne Lake Chalet Restaurant. Some posts say these are different places. Other posts say these are the same place. I'm just confused.

Do we have to take the cruise to have lunch at one of the restaurant(s)? If not, do you have recommendations?

Thank you.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,749 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

It's all the same place. There is only one business operating up at Maligne Lake - Maligne Tours Ltd, which operaates the boat cruise, canoe and kayak rentals (although Online Sport & Tackle, a shop in town, also has canoe rentals at the lake - you have to book and pay in town at the store), as well as food services and a gift shop in a day lodge. The Maligne Lake Chalet has a cafeteria/coffee shop, and a dining area. I am not sure of the hours of the dining area and don't see any info on their website, but the cafeteria is open all day (almost $5 for coffee (!), although it is really good coffee.) to the general public, not just the boat cruise patrons. They also offer an afternoon tea, in the historic, restored Brewster Chalet: http://www.malignelake.com/act_tea.html

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

Thanks for this information! I had already come upon the web link you provided - it's surprising it doesn't give information about lunch or other meal services, just the tea. I appreciate the help in learning that it's really just one restaurant. I also appreciate the warning about the $. Also makes me feel good that the coffee will be good!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

Agree with krp329's post. The prices are not cheap, but given the costs of other restaurants in Jasper or groceries at Robertson's, they are not all that bad. If I remember correctly, pastries were about 2.50, similar price for bottled drinks, 8.50 for salads. There is seating in and outdoors. There are a number of picnic areas on the way to Maligne lake if that is an option for you.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,439 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

I just have lunch there last week and it's very good and by jasper standars the prices are very reasonable

5. Re: Lunch Options at Maligne Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Jasper National Park