We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of 2 hotels to choose?

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which of 2 hotels to choose?

We're staying for just one night and don't have a huge budget. A lot of places are booked up on that particular night. I've narrowed it down to a king room at the Athabasca hotel for $109, or a Queen at the Mount Robson Inn for $134.

The A. is a better price but I'm a bit wary of the reviews. The MRI looks a bit nicer in the photos. But the A. has a better location from what I can tell... which would you choose?!?

We don't need anything too fancy but I don't want a dive either.

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Athabasca Hotel
Athabasca Hotel
345 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Mount Robson Inn
Mount Robson Inn
1,716 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,800 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of 2 hotels to choose?

You might want to enquire and find out whether the room at the AthaB is directly above the nightclub. The noise won't be a problem if you plan to be in the nightclub, but otherwise, you can expect it to be loud until 2 am.

The AthaB is located right downtown, in the midst of shops and restaurants. The Mt. Robson is located a few blocks away - about a ten or fifteen minute walk downtown, past residential areas. Taxis are plentiful if you don't have a car and don't want to walk.

Sorry, I can't say what the room are like, comparatively, never having stayed in either.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Robson Inn
Mount Robson Inn
1,716 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of 2 hotels to choose?

thanks krp -- that's helpful; we will have a car so the distance isn't a big deal (although walking 15 min isn't a big deal either).

I'll check with the AB about the nightclub; that was part of my concern -- although the room is on the 3rd floor so that may help. But obviously the MRI would be a much quieter area I guess...

Hmm, still need to weigh the pros/cons. Any other thoughts from anyone appreciated!

Level Contributor
50 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of 2 hotels to choose?

HI Sherry

I have stayed at the Mt Robson Inn and would prefer that to the Athabasca ( although I have never stayed there).

We stayed there as it was quieter, but we still were able to walk into the town for dinner etc.

We did some hking during the day and loved the ouitdoor spas which were a fantastic way to finish off the day.

Enjoy your trip either way!

Mentioned in this post
Mount Robson Inn
Mount Robson Inn
1,716 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Athabasca Hotel
Athabasca Hotel
345 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of 2 hotels to choose?

thanks Snowyfriend!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of 2 hotels to choose?

I really recommend Pine Bungalows. They are just accross the highway out of town. They are lovely rustic individual cabin. Many with a fireplace. No TV, but you won't need one. I have stayed ther many times. They're on the Athabasca River and very parklike.

Mentioned in this post
Athabasca Hotel
Athabasca Hotel
345 Reviews
Jasper, Canada
6. Re: Which of 2 hotels to choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 16:18