We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

Niagara Penninsula...
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

Need expert help on a High end restaurant in or near Jasper for 35 people in mid June, 2009. The restaurant must have a well stocked bar and wine list. Please offer any advice.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

I would highly suggest making reservations asap, as June is when it starts to get busy in JNP.

I would suggest the JPL, as it is probably the highest end place in Jasper, now if you want a great place with great food, try the Fiddle Creek Restraunt.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,347 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

JPL = Jasper Park Lodge

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

I guess I should have said the full name, just don't think if it.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,049 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

There are not very many high-end restaurants in Jasper. The Edith Cavell dining room at the Fairmont JPL is the highest, then maybe the Moose's Nook at JPL. Other nice dining rooms are Andy's Bistro (35 would be close to his maximum capacity - enquire now), the restaurant at Tekarra Lodge, the Tonquin Prime Rib Village, and Papa George's in the Astoria Hotel. Fiddle River is also a local favourite. The dining room at Becker's Chalets is also very nice, but 10 km from town (a factor if you plan to have cocktails & wine).

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

JPL JPL JPL -- for what you are looking for, there isnt any other choice.

They have a selection of restaurants, with different menus.

It really is what you are looking for.

Oh, and yes -- you really need to MOVE QUICKLY to get this set up. You may be saved by the fact that it may still be very cool -- but you have a large party.

CALL TODAY!!!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,049 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

Just to be clear, about what I wrote earlier... JPL is really the only high end place in the area; the others I mentioned are nice restaurants in the middle range, although some of them are a bit on the pricy side. But they are all places where you could go in jeans. JPL has a dress code and stipulates no denim, but they do allow "resort casual".

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

KRP,

I have never had JPL say anything about jeans, if they did it would be tacky of them. Any nice restraunt should want you to be comfortable and enjoy.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

There are several restaurants at the JPL. They range in foods and styles. It would be inappropriate, and somewhat rude, to show up in casual dress or ski wear at the EDITH CAVELL restaurant (and they make it clear that such is not acceptible). It would be equally inappropriate to show up in evening dress at some of the other venues at the hotel.

The Edith Cavell is a fabulous gourmet restaurant -- with a terrific wine cellar. It is certainly high end. My guess is that it's exactly what biafrate is looking for. And my guess is that the dress code is a non-issue for him/her.

It's just a question of consideration to other folks really. I own tuxedos and I own blue jeans -- and it's not a major confusion as to when each is appropriate.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

Any truly high-end restaurant should not care about how you are dressed. If they do it is tacky and not so high-end, but only a want to be high-end restaurant.

I have been to Michelen Star restraunts around the world and never ever been asked to leave because of how i was dressed.

What is the difference between someone in jeans and someone in a tux, nothing.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Restaurant Help in Jasper

Wheels -- we disagree -- when I am wearing a tuxedo and the people I am with are dressed similarly, I like to be in the company of folks dressed the same way.

There are places for everyone. And folks who claim that they "have a right" to do whatever they want whenever they want, regardless of what the tradition is, are boorish at best.

And I prefer not to be around boorish people.

Get answers to your questions about Jasper