We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family holiday to canada

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
family holiday to canada

how far is jasper from vancouver....and can we cover a trip to vancouver and jasper in 4 days....or is Banff nearby to vancouver as we have a flight from vancouver back home

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family holiday to canada

I don't know very much about this. But one thing I do know is, that you can find the distances at Google Maps.

Edited: 14 February 2012, 21:34
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,178 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family holiday to canada

Jasper is actually closer to Vancouver than Banff - 793 km or 9 1/2 hours according to Google maps, vs. 845 km or 10 3/4 hours of driving. The routes are the same until you get to Kamloops, and then they diverge - highways 5 and 16 to Jasper, or continue east on highway 1 to Banff.

Do you have four days to go from Vancouver to the Rockies, or four days in total for Vancouver to the Rockies and back to Vancouver? If the latter, I'd suggest a visit to Whistler, BC instead.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: family holiday to canada

It sounds like you're thinking of making a return trip from Jasper to Vancouver and back in 4 days. While it's possible, it seems like a long distance to drive only turn around an go back to where you came from. The scenery is always beautiful, but to me there is nothing enjoyable about a rushed road tip on Canadian Highways. You'd be better of to use your 4 days with a closer destination to Vancouver where you could relax and enjoy the scenery. While we would love to see you in Banff or Jasper, you need more time to come visit us. :)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: family holiday to canada

thanks for ur information it really cleared my confusion......could u please suggest me some activities in vancouver as we are planning 4 nights stay there and some more information abt whistler nd places to see in there

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
15,850 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family holiday to canada

G'day misbah, and welcome to the TA forums.

I also believe that you do not have enough time for your original plan and agree with the other posters. This is unfortunate as the Rockies are really spectacular.

For questions about Vancouver you would be far better to post that inquiry on the Vancouver, BC, forum here:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g154943-i81-Van…

6. Re: family holiday to canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 19:54