We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

melbourne
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

Hello I am looking at "A Place on Patricia Street" (714A Patricia st) for a 3 night stay in August and was wondering if anyone had stayed there or knew of it as I don't seem to be able to find and specific reviews.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,667 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

They are a fairly new operator (last year, if I remember correctly), which is probably why there are no reviews. It is very conveniently located close to downtown (the 600 block - half a block away) You can take a look at the house with Google streetview ( www.maps.google.com) - it's the right side of the beige duplex, I believe, and from the pictures on their bbcanada listing, it looks like a basement/ground level unit (as many of them are). Google also pulled up their listing on the Jasper Home Accommodation Association website, which means they are inspected, licensed and have insurance and meet all other requirments for a private home accommodation. I don't really know much about it other than this, but I hope it helps.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

I wouldn't trust your judgement from the JHAA list. We stayed at the Alpine House in Patricia St for 3 nights in September which advertises as being a JHAA member. The place was unrecognisable from its description,very rundown,dusty, all repairs bodged and absolutely no way of locking our accommodation from the outside with patio doors off the hinges . The garden was neglected and the house dogs allowed to do their "business" on the patio and garden areas.It totally ruined our stay in Jasper.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

We stayed at Doe A Deer Accommodation and highly recommend it. You can find my review with pictures here.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154918-d220936…

There are two units and the other unit can be seen on the bbcanada site.

http://www.bbcanada.com/12654.html

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,667 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

rcmember, that is unfortunate that you had a bad experience at a Jasper private home accommodation. You might consider lodging a complaint, since that is the only way the situation will be remedied.

You can contact the JHAA here:

http://www.stayinjasper.com/contact.html

.... or contact the Municipality of Jasper (which issues local business licenses for home accommodations) here:

jasper-alberta.com/default.aspx… us

... or, if you feel your complaint should go to the public health inspector:

www.albertahealthservices.ca/facilities.asp…

You could also post a review here on TripAdvisor, to warn other travellers, however, I notice that Alpine House is not yet listed. Here is a link to the relevant page from the "Help Centre":

tripadvisor.com/help/what_if_i_want_to_revie…

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

Thank you for your advice KRP329. We have lodged our complaints and hope to stop anyone being as disappointed as we were.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

My friend and I stayed at at a place on Patricia Street last Sept. and I can highly recommend it.It is called Loretta's Lodging and I posted a review on it.We are hoping to stay there again on our next visit.Loretta and her husband made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble.Their place is everything it says it is and MORE so don't hesitate to take a look.

7. Re: Patricia Street B&B accommodation feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Jasper