We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sawridge or Best Western?

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wabash
Level Contributor
240 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sawridge or Best Western?

Can't decide between the two. Similar reviews--positives and negatives for each. Prefer to stay in town. Would appreciate comments.

Wabash
Level Contributor
240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

I guess I should add what type of rooms I'm comparing at each.

The room at BW would be 1 Queen Suite on ground floor with full kitchen (don't really need full kitchen.)

The Sawridge room would be 2Queen Deluxe with Balcony.

The Sawridge would be less per night.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,889 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

Sawridge is really rated a 4 or 5 star. It may seem basic by some standards. The BW is a little closer to town but each are still 5-7 blocks into downtown. This is common for Jasper hotels so no big deal. Sawridge has an indoor pool and pricey restaraunt. Hard to believe they are the same price category as Sawridge would generally be more. If a kitchen is important you may also like the Marmot which has kitchen units.

Wabash
Level Contributor
240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

Thanks David. I guess its just a coin toss. A little extra room at the BW seems nice. Don't mind the walk from either place.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

i generally like best western.

but, i like having a pool so the sawridge would draw me. also, if going during nice weather, it would be great to be able to sit out on a balcony and enjoy the views.

5. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 September 2012, 11:35
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

There are no 5 star hotels in the Canadian Rockies, not even the Fairmonts. The Sawridge is a "nice" hotel and has a Canada Select 4-star rating; I wouldn't class it as a luxury hotel, but upper mid-range. Unless there has been some upgrading of interiors or furnishings lately at the BW Jasper Inn, I would rank it below the Sawridge. (It's rated 3.5 stars.) The BW is a touch closer to downtown, about two blocks closer or a 10 - 15 minute walk whereas the Sawridge would be a 15 - 20 minute walk.

If you are considering the BW, you might want to ask them if they offer any deals on area attractions, since the owner of the BW also owns Maligne Tours (the Maligne Lake boat cruise).

7. Re: Sawridge or Best Western?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2013, 10:16