We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Icefields Pkwy from Banff, best overnight local

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
32 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Icefields Pkwy from Banff, best overnight local

My husband and I decided to spend a night in Jasper so we can do the Parkway a bit more leisurely from Banff. Where is a good Jasper location (hotel) to stay once we get there. We are traveling in mid May, what kind of weather conditions can we expect? Very cold? Thanks in advance for the help!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
798 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving Icefields Pkwy from Banff, best overnight local

You probably have a place to stay by now. I always use the Trip Advisor site to compare lodging. I read the reviews and ratings. They are encouraging members to write real reviews so that we all have a true idea of what a place is like. However, "to each his own." Not everyone needs or requires the same amenities.

I can usually decipher through them as to which might be "canned" or not. I think it is getting better and it seems that TA is working toward this goal. I am glad of that. Generally you will find some mixed reviews for most places.

I have been to places with a sign that asks guests to write a review on TA. That might get them onsite, but doesn't necessarily give them a good review unless they earned it. Those that have had this sign usually ask that if something is needed to make your stay better to please let them know. I have also been to places I thought this signage was overdone (all over the bathrooms of an attraction that I went to once.)

I also look at the reviews of some of the booking sites as well to try to figure out where to stay. If I don't have time or can't decide after that, I don't mind asking here in the forums too. This whole process takes time but has worked for me.

I know the places in this area of the country are more than I am used to paying, but that is just what this area demands and gets, so there is no changing that. Good luck finding a place you like!

12. Re: Driving Icefields Pkwy from Banff, best overnight local

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:17