We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper 2 nights

Colleyville, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Jasper 2 nights

Is there enough to do in Jasper to stay for 2 nights?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jasper 2 nights

Yes, there is. If you are arriving or departing driving via the Icefields Parkway, be prepared to spend one whole day doing that, what with all the scenic stops. And if you are planning to visit in summer and hiking is an interest, you could stay for many more than two nights.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jasper 2 nights

not enough in my opinion

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,955 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jasper 2 nights

Popular destinations in Jasper National Park include Maligne Lake, Maligne Canyon, Medicine Lake, Mt Edith Cavell, and the Miette Hot Springs, Jasper tramway, & Athabasca Falls - more than enough to fill a whole day, in my opinion.

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jasper 2 nights

Considering that you spend most of the first day just getting to Jasper. Then two nights is only a single full day.

I would advise three nights. Then you can do most (but not all) of the things mentioned by CW.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,167 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jasper 2 nights

And then there are activities - whitewater rafting, horseback riding, mountain biking, or golf at the Fairmont JPL. There are dozens of hiking trails, beaches, canoeing, fishing... Other sites to visit are Pyramid Lake, the Columbia Icefields (and the sno-coach tour).

All these and most of the suggestions above assume a summer visit.

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jasper 2 nights

Sorry can't agree with post 2. We stayed in Jasper for four nights last July and had no problem filling our time.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jasper 2 nights

More than enough! I've been going there for decades, and I'm still finding new trails to do and new things to see.

Wabash
Level Contributor
242 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jasper 2 nights

I'm interpreting post 2 as two days not being enough, not that there wouldn't be enough to do in two days. We spent three nights and could have used more.

9. Re: Jasper 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jasper