The next two days look really rainy in Jasper....any suggestions on salvaging them? Activities? So cloudy cant see mountains.
go white water rafting...you're wet anyways. maligne canyon, miette hot springs. do you have an outdoor hot tub??? glass of wine, sit in the hot tub
The forecast doesn't look THAT bad, 60% chance of showers (meaning 40% chance of nothing) today and tomorrow, 30% tonight.
The town swimming pool (indoors) is supposed to be nice.
The sun is shining right now. :)
Do the things you would be doing if it was sunny, just be sure to pack a rain jacket.
Along with lttt and VP's suggestions above, there is the local museum... right across from the town swimming pool.
If its a real downpour - play crib at the Dead Dog pub...of course have a pint or 2 when your there :). There is the Saturday music jam session at the Whistlestop Pub as well. Take a drive up to Pyramid, cross the bridge and walk the island. Otherwise as others have noted - walk the trails and ignore the rain. We are in Jasperr next weekend and look forward to our visit rain, sleet, hail or snow and yes sunshine is a beautiful thing :)
We never wound up getting any rain in Jasper yesterday, despite the forecast ... at one point in the late afternoon, the clouds got quite dark and it got a bit blustery, but it blew over (they probably got hit in the foothills instead, as often happens.). Today I went hiking .... we did an "out and back" on the Portal Creek trail; got to our turn-around point with mostly overcast skies and an occasional bit of sun but hiked back the whole way in the rain. (Hurray for goretex!)
Go whitewater rafting! They have you dressed very warmly and you get very wet anyways! I LOVED the whitewater rafting in the Rockies!
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.