We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My honeymoon itinerary - suggestions please!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
51 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
My honeymoon itinerary - suggestions please!

Hello,

Just trying to work out how much time we will need to see Vancouver-Whistler-Jasper-Banff at a pretty relaxed pace for our honeymoon next March. We will have about 3 weeks and enjoy Winter activities (skiing, ice skating, dog sledding, nature etc) and seeing the main tourist sites. We are not big city people so not too concerned about spending much time in Vancouver (I would like to go to the aquarium and see the main sights). I'm worried we might not have enough time in Jasper though and it might be a bit rushed. Thanks for any suggestions :)

2 March - arrive Vancouver lunch, travel to Whistler

3-9 March (7 full days) - Whistler

10 March - bus to Vancouver in morning, afternoon of sightseeing

11 March - Vancouver sightseeing, 8.30pm train to Jasper

12 March - arrive Jasper 4.30pm

13-14 March (2 full days) - Jasper (would like to ski Marmot Basin, do the Maligne Canyon ice walk, go ice skating, not sure if the other lakes are worth visiting in Winter)

15 March - Sundogs tour Jasper-Banff

16-22 March (7 full days) - Banff/surrounding areas (haven't looked into what's here yet)

23 March - bus to Calgary in morning, fly home afternoon via a week in Rarotonga/Aitutaki

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My honeymoon itinerary - suggestions please!

your departure date from Vancouver to Jasper will be limited as the train doesn't run every day. for me, a week in whistler would be too long. hopefully you have a nice, romantic room and you can have some "honeymoon time" with ordering dinners in. I just find the village rather dull after a couple of days. I would recommend one more night in jasper...it's a lovely town and I like marmot for skiing. since you may not be able to take it away from whistler, i'd take if off of Banff.

sounds like a great honeymoon.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My honeymoon itinerary - suggestions please!

When you are here in Jasper, go for a skate at Mildred Lake at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. JPL clears and maintains (floods, to keep the ice smooth) an oval around the perimeter of the lake as well as shinny rinks in the middle - it's a wonderful place to skate and has great views of surrounding peaks. You could always walk one way - there is a trail just beyond the west shoreline of the lake (adjacent to the Athabasca River) that goes to Old Fort Point (trail 7) and from there, you can pick up the trail back to the townsite. Taxi fare one way is about $20. After a skate, head into the main lodge building for a coffee or hot chocolate in the Emerald Lounge.

The other outdoor skating option is Pyramid Lake, but I'm not sure if the ice is as nice there.

Mid-March is getting near the end of the season for outdoor skating here... usually by about another week or ten days after you are here, the season is done... with the warmer days, the ice surface thaws during the day and re-freezes overnight, usually all bumpy.

3. Re: My honeymoon itinerary - suggestions please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Jasper