We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Maligne Lake Cruise in October?

Which Jasper hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk
Level Contributor
76 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Maligne Lake Cruise in October?

Hello,

I am spending the day in Jasper on the 30th September for one night before heading down the Icefields Parkway the next day.

The Maligne Lake cruise to Spirit Island looks great and has kept popping up on my research in the area.

I was wondering if anyone could offer thoughts on if I had to book at this time of year? Slightly concerned if the weather is not great then i'll probably want to give it a miss - I'd read that late Sept/Early Oct could be a bit hit and miss? However if its glorious then I'd probably wish I had!!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,519 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Maligne Lake Cruise in October?

it does get busy but late sept may be ok but not on a wed when its very busy. I've done it in all sorts of weather and Maligne Lk is higher than Jasper so you really never know until your there. If there are lots of low clouds that would hinder some of the view but its still a nice cruise. If you only need one or two tix and can be there early in morning then I think you'd be fine.

2. Re: Booking Maligne Lake Cruise in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:17