We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

Planning on trip this august - with two boys ( 7 and 11). Which would you stay at or someplace else?

thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,877 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

Can you give us an idea of what appeals to you about each of Pat Lake and Alpine V? That would give posters here a heads up about what it is you are looking for.

Looe, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
574 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

if you are thinking of this august 2014 then you might struggle to get in to either of them as they are both pretty busy. we booked one of the newer lodges at Alpine village as trip advisor seemed to say these were the best ones. Have you checked availability yet?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,669 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

They are similar in terms of being out-of-town accommodations in scenic locations, and both are owned and operated by local families, but other than that, unless you are considering one of the more expensive units at Pat Lake, you are comparing apples and oranges. It has been quite a long time since I have seen units at either of them, but Pat Lake is more modest and Alpine Village is more "rustic luxury", and their nightly rates reflect that.... Pat Lake is one of the more affordable commercial accommodations in all of Jasper National Park.

The other obvious choice for families - and a much more affordable one - is private home accommodation - www.stayinjasper.com . You can get a full two-bedroom apartment with kitchen for less than you would pay at either Pat Lake or Alpine Village.

canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

thank you.

I first have to make sure we can get a place in Jasper in August for three nights - will deal with that tomorrow. - we like clean place with a homey vibe.

very important for a nice porch with a pretty view to relax on for my husband. Would like a bigger room so the four of us all have space,

canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

I booked Patricia Lake in the grove and Alpine Villiage is full. if there is a private homestyle place that you know of with a separate entrance and nice views and sitting area let me know - or another place you sugguest let me know.

We will have three nights in Jasper before heading to Banff for 3 nights and then Drumheiler for a night, Looking forward to a great fun trip.

6. Re: Would you stay at Patricia Lake Bungalows or Alpine Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:24