We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

wonderland65
8 posts
Save Topic
Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

Hello Travelers - I would like to join a tour group to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park. Does anyone have any comments about Caravan Tours? I have been on Caravan's Costa Rica Tour and found it to be fantastic. I would appreciate any feedback you have on Caravan Tour to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,216 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

You can do a search for Caravan Tours in the Canadian Rockies forum ... there are a number of previous threads.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Cana…

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,140 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

caravan does a good job on this Canadian Rockies trip. There are some reviews if you do the search by its a quick tour but well done

Ohio
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

I did this trip last year and really enjoyed it. Here is a link to the trip report I posted.

tripadvisor.com/…52055459

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to try to answer.

Georgetown, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

My husband and I (we're seniors btw) are planning to take the Caravan Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park Sept. 23, 2014. We're extending the tour by one day to take a city tour of Calgary. I've looked into

infohammerheadtours.com and we would like to invite anyone taking this Caravan tour to join us on the city tour. We plan to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn where the tour ends Oct. 3rd. If you're interested post a reply and I can send you our email address.

Stella

Georgetown, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

This is Stella again. The date of the Caravan Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park is Sept. 25, 2014 and not Sept. 23, 2014. It ends Oct. 3, 2014.

California
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

I just replied to this. Hope you can see it. Just completed our trip June 27-July5. Take a look.

Tulipani

Level Contributor
8 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

I booked the Canadian Rockies tour beginning on Sept 29. My mom and I took the New England tour with Caravan last fall and had the most amazing time.

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

Can you tell me how the weather was for your tour? We are trying to get a reservation earlier in the summer for 2015, but they are booked until the end of August- beginning of September. Any info will be appreciated. Joyce Davis

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,039 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

Joyce, here in the Canadian Rockies, the weather can vary quite a lot. The end of August/beginning of September is still summer, and it can be hot (daytime highs up to the lows 90s F), or if you happen to hit a chilly, rainy spell, the highs may only be in the 60s F. Night-time lows are getting quite cool by then, down to 40F or even a bit lower, which makes for chilly mornings. The temperature also drops quickly in the evening once the sun is low. So be sure to bring some warm layers. If you have a warm sweater or hoodie, with a wind and waterproof shell jacket, you'll be set for everything.

This temperature range is also true earlier in the summer, by the way. The normal overnight low here in Jasper (and Banff is similar) is in the 40s F. It's a dry climate, by the way - we don't get muggy (humid) weather when it is hot.

If you are planning on seeing the area with a coach tour, the weather won't affect you much, since you'll be sightseeing from the comfort of a heated or air-conditioned bus, and won't be spending long periods of time outdoors.

Edited: 09 January 2015, 19:29
10. Re: Caravan Tours - Canadian Rockies and Glacier Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2016, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Jasper