We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging in/near Jasper, AB, for 7 people in late July

Boca Grande, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
lodging in/near Jasper, AB, for 7 people in late July

We are looking for lodging in Jasper, AB for 4 adults and 3 girls, ages 10-14, sometime between the dates of July 24-Aug. 2—probably for 3-5 nights. I haven't found many vacation homes but if anyone out there knows of something suitable please let me know--or B&B's that could accommodate 7 people. Thanks. Ann

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,743 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging in/near Jasper, AB, for 7 people in late July

Hi, Ann and welcome to the TripAdivsor forums!

Vacation homes are not permitted in the national parks, so you won't find them in either Jasper townsite of the town of Banff, both of which are within their respective national parks of the same names. All residential housing must be occupied by someone with a job or a business within the park.

In Jasper, there are a large number of "private home accommodations" or PHAs (which also includes a few homes that are licensed to offer breakfast) - these are rooms or suites within a resident's home, although many of them are private and self-contained units, separate from the hosts' living quarters. You can find these listed at www.stayinjasper.com . That site has a search function and I would recommend using the "number of guests = 7" criteria to narrow down the list to the homes that can actually take that many guests. Checking just now, I see that there are ten in all. The difficulty, though, that I think you will encounter is finding availlability for 3 to 5 nights at any one of those homes, since that is peak season, and especially because of the long weekend starting August 1st.

Good luck!

Boca Grande, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging in/near Jasper, AB, for 7 people in late July

Thank you so much. That was very helpful!

3. Re: lodging in/near Jasper, AB, for 7 people in late July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Jasper
Recent Conversations