We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 10...Vancouver

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
661 reviews
Save Topic
Top 10...Vancouver

I'm off to Vancouver and the Rockies in June. Just wondering what anyone would say are the 10 best things to do around Vancouver as we are spending quite a few days there after doing a tour.

Vancouver Foodie Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours
Sea to Sky Air
Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
A Taste of Victoria Food Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
Power Pedal Tours Vancouver
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,644 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 10...Vancouver

Museum of Anthropology at University of British Columbia

Stanley Park

Aquabus TO Granville Island

Granville Island spend at least 1/2 day here easily

Seabus to north shore

Lynn Canyon and /or

Capilano Canyon

Walking down Robson window shoppping especially for shoes

Queen Elizabeth Park

Lighthouse Park

Day trip to Whistler

Day trip up to Hell's gate

Day trip out to Steveston Docks..for fish and chips at Pajo's

Sitting at one of the Starbucks on Robson and people watching

Lunch at Cardero's and harbor watching

Dim Sum.. best in Richmond but lots in vancouver that are excellent

Eating at too many to name great restaurants in town

I know that's ore than 10 but some are contingent on having a car

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 10...Vancouver

Traveller47 has given you great info.

In addition to that, here are three excellent websites that three sets of Vancouverites have created about their own city:

* Find Family Fun (created by a family with kids, but also very informative for adults)

* Walk Vancouver (walking itineraries with descriptions, photos and maps)

* Carmanah's Vancouver Page (created by BC_Robyn, who is one of TripAdvisor's Local Experts for Vancouver)

There are several good websites that rate Vancouver restaurants. Here is one of them:

The "Find Family Fun" website mentioned above has several useful features, one of which is the ability to sort attractions by geographical locations. Because of Vancouver's unique layout, it really makes sense to plan your sight seeing so that you group together attractions that are in the same general part of the Greater Vancouver Area. Well, that makes sense in any city, but it ESPECIALLY makes sense in Vancouver.

Actually that is why I did not respond to your request for a Top Ten List when I first saw it.

Let me give you an illustration of what I mean. The Museum of Anthropology would be on my Top Ten List. Actually for me personally it's on the Top Three List.

I am fond of Queen Elizabeth Park and VanDusen Botanical Garden. They are maybe not QUITE on my Top Ten List. However, because of their relative proximity to the Museum of Anthropology, it makes sense for me to include them on a day when I in any case am going to the MOA.

It also helps to know the larger context of your trip. For example, my advice might be different if you were going to be including Vancouver Island before or after Vancouver. My advice would be influenced by the direction by which you will approach and/or depart Vancouver. For example, I would include a day trip to Whistler if you were not going to pass through it on your way to or from the Rockies. Obviously if your larger itinerary was going to include Whistler, I would drop it from your list of Vancouver attractions. The same could be said of Hell's Gate.

Hope that makes sense.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
661 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 10...Vancouver

Thanks for your suggestions. There are definitely things there that I haven't even read about so that will give me food for thought.

4. Re: Top 10...Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:16