We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic getaway

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mt Evelyn
1 post
Save Topic
romantic getaway

Hi,

My wife and I will be stop for 6 days/nights in BC in December. We have already booked the first 4 nights in Whistler for some skiing. After Whistler I would love to take my wife to a romantic hideaway. We have friends in Chilliwack that we possibly want to see during the last two days as well. Do you know of anything nice within about an hours drive from Chilliwack? Coming from Australia something typical Canadian like a little log cabin would be nice.

Regards, Jim

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
818 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic getaway

Hi Jim,

Sounds like a great plan for Whistler, suggest a romantic dinner at Araxi's.

Chilliwack is away from Vancouver and the tourist areas but the "typical canadian little log cabin" (which is more rare than common in BC) may be found in Manning Provincial Park past the town of Hope.

Its a little ski area with a basic lodge and very simple log cabins in the snow- if that is what you really want but would not be my first choice on the side of romance.

www.manningpark.com/rates.html

Vancouver romance in the city could be a quiet quaint little hotel called the Slyvia in Vancouver (its the location that makes it a winner) and is across the beach and beside Stanley Park, with many options for dinning, shopping and romantic walks.

Good luck,

Noel

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic getaway

One of my favorite BC places is Harrison Hot Springs aprox 20 -30 minutes from Chilliwack

www.harrisonresort.com

3. Re: romantic getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 08:20