We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help on planing

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jerusalem
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help on planing

Hi everyone

I am planning a trip to Canadian Rockies

We start in the first week from Calgary and finish in Saturday in Clearwater

then we want to continue to Victoria and to finish in Vancouver.

1. we start Sunday morning from Clearwater (after we were already in Banff and jasper)

2. we have our flight back early Friday morning

3. one of us have to be in Vancouver airport in Wednesday afternoon

none of us have never been in the region.

i will be grateful to any suggestions for a the track of this week.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,631 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help on planing

Need a lot more information to be of much help to you. How are you travelling? Clearwater seems like an odd place to "finish". Are you on a tour bus? How are you travelling after that?

What do you want to see? What are your interests? Do you want to do strenuous hikes into the wilderness, or tour art galleries? If you can be a bit more specific, then I'm sure you will get some responses.

jerusalem
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help on planing

Thank u for your respond

We are a family with 2 teenagers and 3 youth (24-26) and 2 adults (45).we are Touring with rental cars by our self.

I wrote that we finish in Clearwater because I planned our trip and booked accommodations till there.

We are coming for two weeks to Canada, especially for the Rockies. I am wondering about the second week (after the main parks Banff and jasper)

We love everything from hiking to museums.

the main question is whether to go straight to Victoria for 2 days and then to Vancouver or making a tour through the northern part of Victoria island (someone told me about route 97 from Clearwater to horseshoe bay and about Port Alberni ant the fiords there) but I don't know if we have time to all that

Thank u again

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,126 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help on planing

If you only have from Sunday morning until Wednesday lunch time I really don't think you have time to do Victoria at all..definitely not time to go to Port Alberni. If you are intent on visiting Victoria you will have a very long day

Sunday leave Clearwater by 8am at the latest.. drive straight through (without stopping for hikes) to Tswassen Ferry terminal.. under ideal conditions this ahould take 5 hours.. realistically and allowing for traffic, stopping to buy gas etc. allow 6.5 hours. Arrive ferry terminal at 2:30 take ferry to Victoria.. for ferry schedules check

www.bcferries.com

be sure to find the appropriate time schedule as it changes almost every month in the summer.

As it is a Sunday and if it is around a holiday I would reserve a ferry.. probably reserve the 4 pm ferry as this will give you some leeway.Remember with reservation you MUST be there at the ticket booth 1/2 hour before the sailing so 3:30 is your deadline! Ferry crossing is 1 1/2 hours, drive into Victoria is 1/2 hour arrive Victoria 6 pm

Monday, Tuesday

Victoria and area.. you could drive out to China Beach or French Beach up past Sooke to get a taste of west coast beaches..visit Royal BC Museum, Butchart's gardens one day go out to beaches second day

Wednesday morning.. ferry Swartz Bay to Tswassen then on to Vancouver airport.. again just because you have a plane to catch I would make a ferry reservation..probably not necessary mid week but I tend to be paranoid about catching planes.

Wed afternoon continue into downtown Vancouver..

possbily look at dropping rental car at airport on Wed and just taking cab into town no car required downtown and parking expensive and a hassle

Wed eve, Thursday, Friday am see Vancouver

top 3 imo Granville Island, Stanley Park, University of BC Museum of Anthropology

you will have a very long Sunday of travel.. other option would be to skip Victoria and vancouver Island entirely and just drive down to Vancouver.. you could drive via hwy 99 to Whistler overnight there on Sunday then drive down to Vancouver on Monday

third option drive from Clearwater to Vancouver on Sunday..spend Monday touring in Vancouver

Tuesday Fly over to Victoria via Harbor Air or Helijet from downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria takes about 35 minutes wonderful scenery.. go in the morning about 9am.. spend day in Victoria.. catch Pacific Coach Line bus back to Vancouver..

take late bus for 7 or 8 pm ferry.. they do a bus/ ferry/ bus into Vancouver package

if you are here in summer it will still be light for the ferry trip through the gulf islands.. that way you can all see Victoria nd also see some of Vancouver.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help on planing

What time of the year are you coming?? Canadian holidays and driving on roads or using ferries can be very time concuming and frustrating. Also some communities have specific festivals/events to see/experience.

jerusalem
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help on planing

we are coming from 13 of july to 25 of july

6. Re: help on planing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:16