We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time zone change

Toronto
13 posts
Save Topic
time zone change

Hi

would like to know where exactly between Revelstoke and Golden the time zone change occurs?

Traveling west to east would it be somewhere after you exit Glacier NP on Highway 1?

thanks

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time zone change

Just outside of the park boundary. I can see it in my mind but can't find it on the map. Not too far past (heading east) park boundary, along a rocky crag just before the top of the hill.

Hope this helps, how accurate do you need??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,394 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time zone change

There is apparently a sign, but we missed it entirely. it wasn't until we got to my friends house in Golden that we were reminded that we lost an hour.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time zone change

It changes at the bottom of the east side of the Rogers Pass, about 40 miles or so west of Golden. It is still within the GNP boundaries.

Toronto
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: time zone change

Thanks for the replies!

5. Re: time zone change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:19