We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harmony Airways

Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Harmony Airways

I would appreciate comments on Harmony Airways, good and bad. They will be flying from Calgary-Maui & Honolulu this winter and I have booked a flight--in the hopes that they are a decent charter, plus they offered direct flights and the promise of a comfortable seat.

Are they better than Skyservice (who seem to have pulled out of Calgary-Hawaii for this winter) or Air Canada (who no longer offer non-stop)?

Thanks for any insight.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harmony Airways

Harmony is great. I flew with them to Maui last April - at Vancouver airport they gave us bottled water and leis before getting on the plane. The meal was served in separate courses - salad first, then main course, dessert and even hot towels - when did you last see that on a flight? Also I think there were 2 movies, which I enjoyed as it's the only time I go to the movies!

Oh yeah, the seats were wider and had more leg room too. I have flown on Skyservice to Mexico and Cuba, and they aren't nearly as good as Harmony.

Enjoy your trip.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harmony Airways

We second swardyvr's opinion. We have flown to Hawaii (Vancouver to Honolulu) with Harmony twice now.

There food service is good. I know that many airlines now either don't provide any meals or you have to pay extra for them, so the fact that Harmony provides meals at no extra cost was nice. For lunch or dinner you actually get a choice. Free wine is served with the meal (if you so choose). Otherwise you can also have water. There is free beverage service during the flight (except for alcoholic beverages that you pay for - husband says beer was $5.00).

As said before, there are two movies and they give out free headsets that you keep to take with you. We still have several sets from our last years trip, in addition to the ones we got this year.

There are 3 seats per side. Often the flights out of Vancouver have not been full, so we have had an extra seat to share for two of us. The extra room was nice.

If you haven't done it yet, you can pre-book your seats with reservations. This is a great chance to get a window seat if you want one.

We've had no problems with luggage or any flight delays. All in all, we would fly with Harmony again for sure!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harmony Airways

Totally agree with the above 2 posts, hard to get that kind of service these days.

Vernon
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harmony Airways

We flew with Harmony 2 weeks ago from Honolulu to Vancouver, and were pleasantly surprised. The food service is exactly as the other reviewers have mentioned, and the complimentary wine with the main course was a nice surprise (I also thought the Harmony Airways pepper and salt shaker in the shape of a Harmony aircraft was a cute touch, for kids). Soon after departing Hawaii we were also served ice cream/ gelati as a refreshment before appetiser/main meal service was served. Local Okanagan wine, and pleasant staff made for a good value flight, especially in light of their web fares. Honestly Air Canada and other frontrunners who usually head this flight routing will have to start picking up their act.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harmony Airways

Thank you all for the comments. I don't think I'll regret skipping any air miles in return for great service, good flights and pleasant staff!!

My last flights were with A/C, which were actually all right, but connecting through YVR with the return being an overnight flight. Previous to that, the flights were with United and that won't ever happen again--horrible connections and uncomfortable planes. Best flight was 2003, YYC-HNL, a direct flight where I somehow managed to book myself into first/executive class (still not sure how I did that on ecomony fares).