We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whitewater rafting

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boca raton
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
whitewater rafting

i will be in whistler july 3-8 then banff for 3 days. I would like to do whitewater rafting III-maybe IV but I would like to find a place that does not require a LOOONG drive to and from the river. I am not sure if I want a full day or half day but 1 hour on the river is certainly not enough and an 8hour day trip seems way too long considering all the other things i would like to do. I am in town for a wedding as well.. any advice is welcome.. Should i wait and do rafting in banff??? is it better?? should i do a short one in whistler and a short one in banff???

waiting for lots of good advice..... Thanks!!!!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: whitewater rafting

It's necessary to drive 'up' the river in order to come 'down' the river-there is no other way short of having a helicopter drop you off.

The Elaho/Squamish canyon is a sight to see-a gorgeous wild place.

boca raton
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whitewater rafting

very funny, no helicopter needed, how about some specifics???

obviously some drives are longer than others, and some outfitters spend more time on the water that others.... so this can help me decide.... any suggestions????

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: whitewater rafting

<<how about some specifics???>>

How about contacting the RR operations themselves and asking for specifics?

It's asking a lot of volunteers here to provide details of every RR operation in the area when you can do the research yourself.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,829 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whitewater rafting

http://www.kumsheen.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,713 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whitewater rafting

I'm off to try the Nahatlatch with Reo Rafting next weekend! I let you know how it goes!

http://www.reorafting.com/

You don't say about your journey between Whistler and Banff, but I'll presume you're driving, in which case going down to Boston Bar is a bit of a detour, but an option.

I've heard good things about the Elaho, which is more in the Whistler neighbourhood. Check with the good folks in the Canadian Rockies forum for anything in the Banff area.

boca raton
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whitewater rafting

thank you, I will be waiting for the update.. I am flying to Calgary to get to Banff. Made these plans many months ago based on some advise by family members.. So I am working with what I have... Have a great trip.

Holland
Level Contributor
567 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whitewater rafting

Rafting trips out of Whistler are all done in the Squamish area , a 45 minute drive from Whistler, so back and forth already costs you 1,5 hour.

Check www.whistler-blackcomb.com for rafting companies.

As Squamish is on your way up from Vancouver to Whistler you might be able to do it while coming up.

Google for squamish and rafting and you will find a few options.

Have fun !

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
548 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whitewater rafting

BC is a huge province, rafting can be found almost everywhere. Here is a link to start your research on.

hellobc.com/en-CA/…

Class 3 and 4 rivers are around and can be found on the web link.

Hope this helps.

I have done a couple of interior trips but that means a drive from Vancouver to Clearwater(BC not Florida) probably a 4.5 to 5.5 hour one way drive.

The Kumsheen group already mentioned is closer to Vancouver.

9. Re: whitewater rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 07:17