We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

Hello,

I've posted a couple of questions before too. Our itinerary is getting better and better with your answers. When we finally travel BC and Alberta, I am going to put our itinerary.

We are doing a road trip from Vancouver to Jasper and back to Vancouver in 7 nights, 8 days.

We are going to leave Peachland early in the morning and start driving to Banff which we'll stay for 2 nights in Tunnel Mountain Village campground. We'll move to Jasper and stay there for 2 nights as well.

Which national park should we camp between Peachland and Banff? Revelstoke, Glacier or Yoho?

From your information, Kicking Horse campground and Takakkaw Falls campground sound amazing. Love to get a campsite with a view of the falls...

Although, by the time we arrive in Yoho, maybe we won't be able to find a campsite. (We hope to arrive around 10.30-11am)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

If you get as far as Kicking Horse in Yoho you are only 20 minutes from Lake Louise and just over an hour to Banff. You don't get a view of the falls from the Kicking Horse campground. It is very popular and can be hard to get into but there are some really nice sites in there. The campground at the falls is tent only walk-in (I believe about 5 minutes).

If you want to split your travel days a little more evenly, Glacier is really nice.

toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

Thanks chipin.

You're right, Yoho is very close to LL and Banff.

Which campground would you suggest for Glacier?

It is probably better to split the drive into half...

Edmonton
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

I'm sorry, I can't remember which campground I stayed in there. I just remember being stricken by the contrast of the snow covered peaks and the lush, almost rain forest like vegetation.

You might want to google the park to look up a bit of detail to see if there might be much difference in the different loops. (just don't confuse it with the other Glacier in Montana).

Hopefully someone else can chime in who has a better memory or recent experience.

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

If you are tenting, Glacier is beautiful, but cold. Bring extra blankets. I camped there one July and it was very chilly.

toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

Yes, we are tenting. Hm.. cold. My bf would like that after spending a couple of days in the Okanagan Valley.

I guess we'll leave in the morning and drive either to Glacier or Yoho and try to find a campsite.

6. Re: Where to camp? Revelstoke or Glacier or Yoho National park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 06:17