We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

Ynysybwl
7 posts
Save Topic
weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

Will be setting off from Vancouver on the 8th Sept (2010) and heading for whistler for a few days before then heading towards Jasper, any good RV camgrounds near whistler and how busy will they be around that time.

I have travelled the Ice fields parkway several times in June and early - mid September, however will be spending most of our time between Jasper, Banff, and Yoho from the 12th until the 28th of Sept. can anyone give me an indication of what to expect with regards to need to book campgrounds, which ones are likely to be open and travelling the icefields parkway and rogers pass towards the end of September?

thanks

1. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 17:02
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

Graham;

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

OK.

How may I employ your service and offer my services to the public?

Look forward to your reply and working with you.

Cheers Graham

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

Hi Graham;

First - You have mistaken me for a member of TripAdvisor's staff, which I am not. TA staff are easily identified by the prefix "TA" before their name, IE – TA Jack or TA Jill and the words TripAdvisor staff below it.

Second - The posting guidelines are very clear that there is to be no advertising or solicitation of any kind on the forums. That said, there are certain instances where your comments would be welcome, and appreciated. I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines, which I linked to above.

To advertise on TripAdvisor, visit this page and follow the directions;

tripadvisor.com/help/find_out_about_advertis…

Best Regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,784 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

I should have added...the Support Forum is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

To be respectful, and NOT highjack Daibwl's thread, I would suggest that if you have any further questions that you post them on the Support Forum.

Best Regards

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

Labour Day weekend is the last busy weekend of the year for campgrounds. Many of the national park's campgrounds begin to close after Labour Day. So you will have less choice but will not have a problem finding a camp site. As per Whistler you have a couple different types of options. There are RV Parks and provincial campgrounds in the area. One bonus of the Riverside RV Park is that there is a biking/walking trail that leads right to the village. Alice Lake and Nairn Falls are the provincial campgrounds closest to Whistler. The provincial campgrounds offer more privacy and scenery, however, are less conveniently located.

You may want to post your post on the Alberta website to get more responses specific to Banff and Jasper.

7. Re: weather and travel conditions and RV campground closures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2010, 06:16