We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Lodge needed

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Help - Lodge needed

Hi,

We've been let down by our lodge, the Tyax which has just told us it will not have finished renovations before we were meant to stay. 21st - 24th July 2010. Looking for a wilderness lodge that can accommodate 4 adults, 5 children between 3-10 for this period. Driving from Vancouver, next stop near Kamloops. Any suggestions for a hapless Brit greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,773 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Lodge needed

I don't know this resort personally. I know the Big Bar Ranch and the Flying U Ranch in that area. I have looked on Hello BC for comparable resorts to the Tyax. Here's a link to the list of 15 or so. Others with personal experience will no doubt be along.

hellobc.com/en-CA/…

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,926 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Lodge needed

You might also try Douglas lake Ranch.. we stayed in one of the Yurts a few years back.. great fun..they have a wide range of accomodation and aren't too far from Kamloops..between there and Merritt. Assume you were driving hwy 99 through Whistler and then up to Tyax? Another option is Gun Lake Resort.. haven't stayed here myself but previously stayed at Little Gun and like the area.. it is closer to Whistler than it is to Kamloops..what's your overall routing as that might help with suggestions.

douglaslake.com/2010DLR111DouglasLakeRanch/R…

http://highlandcreamresort.com/acc.html

nanaimo
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Lodge needed

Sorry don't know of any wilderness lodges...but why don't you come over to Vancouver island for a few days????? Check us out on the web....also Gabriola island and places like Tofino and even the town of Nanaimo!!!!!! Lots of things to do here! Joanne

Port McNeill
Level Contributor
458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - Lodge needed

Try this link for similar type lodges www.backcountrylodgesofbc.com/lodge-finds.php

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - Lodge needed

Thanks for the suggestions, we followed the links and have reserved a lodge. Your help was much appreciated.

6. Re: Help - Lodge needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:16