We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

Delta, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

I have travelled on business and pleasure for over 10 years.

I have do go to Nanaimo for the day and thought why not take the ferry over the night before and have a relaxing night to myself. I used my Air Miles and booked into the Best Western Dorchester hotel in Nanaimo. I thought great it's right by the water I stayed across the street at the Coast Hotel (which is newly renovated and is gorgeous and comfortable inside) and what a disappointment.

The room they gave me was so tiny, entire hotel smells VERY musty and old, air conditioner broke down. Not to mention the fact that a couple across the hall were yelling, fighting and swearing for an hour then I called down and told the front desk to deal with it, well nothing was done and it went on for a few more hours, doors slamming, paper thin walls, I could go on all day but what a nightmare. So much for Air Miles reward miles it didn't pay to stay at one of their hotels. Next time I pay for my room and stay where I want. I told the front desk how unhappy I was and they said well you paid for airmiles nothing we can do, we will have to tell the general manager, well I knew at that time I would never hear back, so needless to say I will never return. It pays to go to hotels you know are good on no matter what city you are in.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

Best Western is the world's largest hotel chain with thousands on hotels scattered across the entire globe.

Many of their properties are mid/low range but I've found their management to be be very responsive to an articulate, documented complaint. Give it a try, you never know what might happen.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,109 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

I hope you write a review so your displeasure will not be lost.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

That sucks you that you had a bad time, if the AC was not working you should have switched rooms. It seems like the yelling was your biggest issue, which should have been resolved by the management.

Make sure to post your review in the hotel section so that future travelers can see your issues. I see there is already is a recent posting on there about paper thin walls.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,967 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

Hi HYKR;

As a new user of TripAdvisor, you may not know that the forums are for travel related discussions, not for accommodation reviews.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_the_forums_are_not

Please take a moment and write a review of the hotel. Many more people read the reviews than the forums when researching accommodations.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154935-d182092-…

Best Regards

5. Re: Worst Hotel Stay EVER!!!! Best Western Dorchester Nanaimo BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 07:16