We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

Western Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
527 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

We have to go up to Prince Rupert and Terrace in about three weeks. I have done a fair amount of research on these boards and elsewhere but it doesn't look all that promising. Do you know of a hidden jewel? I am a little suprized at the lodging costs.

Thanks in advance

Dean in Canada

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,007 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

A few years back, we stayed at Eagle Bluff B&B in Prince Rupert (check my review for more info) and I thought her rates were very reasonable (I actually thought she undercharged). Right next door to the B&B was a very small but very good restaurant where we had dinner, but I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of it. The previous night, we ate at Breakers Pub, and that was good - good pub food, but nothing gourmet.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

Maybe not hidden jewels, but we stayed at the Inn on the Harbour and had a meal at Breakers Pub, good food and nice views, this past July.

We were very satisfied with both.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

We stayed at Eagle Bluff B and B in August, quaint, homely and a good breakky for about $120 pn. Its in Cow Bay on the water (literally). Our room overlooked the little harbour. The very nice Cow Bay Cafe is attached and next door is Breakers Pub, ocean views and good food. There is a guests kitchen if you fancy doing a bit of self catering.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,007 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

The rates have gone up since we were there, perthlady; mind you, we were there in the off season (late February 2007)... I think we paid $69 for the two of us, including breakfast.

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

Terrace - don't know any hidden gems for accommodations, but if you are going the hotel route, I'd recommend the Best Western over the Coast Hotel.

There are some good eats in Terrace. The Hot House, downtown on Lakelse, is billed as Indian, but it has a diverse menu. I ate there last week and the food and service were good. Haryana's, on the highway just west of town, is Indian - I haven't eaten there, but I hear good things about it. Don Diego's, downtown on Kalum, is also good - I've eaten there 2 or 3 times and the food is always good - but service can be spotty. There's a Chinese restaurant on the corner of Kalum and the street the Best Wesern is on - I can't remember the name. We've eaten there a couple of times and enjoyed the food.

Prince Rupert - I second Eagle Bluff, but if you can get a good deal, the Crest Hotel is lovely and the restaurants there are very good. Smiles, which is in Cow Bay, is a great place for seafood.

Enjoy your trip to NW BC.

Western Canada
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

Thank you for the replies.

We are looking forward to our upcoming trip and then going down the Inside Passage to Port Hardy.

Dean in Canada

7. Re: Places to Dine & Stay in Prince Rupert / Terrace and area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 07:16