We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point No Point

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Point No Point

We wish to contact Point No Point to enquire about making a booking but can only find a telephone number on the web site. Does anyone know of an email address for them that we can use initially? Once we know they have what we are looking for we would be happy to telephone them to confirm a booking.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,007 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Point No Point

On their facebook page, it says:

"Please Note: Booking CANNOT be made via Facebook. For inquiries and

reservation information, please call us at 250.646.2020"

... and I note there is no email address anywhere on their website. Kinda looks like they don't handle enquiries other than by phone.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Point No Point

Hi I called them and they don't have a computer as they are on DIAL UP

( kind of like being on a very very very slow train!) They suggest you fax them at the fax number on their web site.. it's because they really are way way out .. and while I haven't been there in years I have wonderful memories of the times we did stay there...absolutely stunning location and beach. Hope this helps.. fax should be cheaper than phone and also easier vis a vis time difference.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Point No Point

Dial up? No 'puter?

I have not been there for years either - but I think it's time for a repeat visit.

Hi ya Rav4 - if you go there would you come back here and let us know how your visit was? The website looks very appealing - Would love a report.

Thank you.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,439 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Point No Point

Actually there are a few places in canada where one is required to use dial up.. we visit a small town in Saskatchewan each year and last year I had to hunt for an external modem for my mac.. in order to do dial up! relatives don't have a puter and don't want the expense of a satellite.. and the town has no dsl either..

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Point No Point

Hi everyone, thank you all so much for your efforts to assist, the regulars on the forums are so helpful.

We will give them a call. If we do stay at PNP we will certainly feedback our experience. Thanks again...

Barkerville
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Point No Point

This is so funny! When I first arrived in Barkervile to take over ownership of the St. George Hotel, we had dial-up only. When I was checking e-mails, the guests in the parlour could hear the squelching connection noises and they'd laugh heartily! Two years ago we got wireless internet, and oh what a God-send!!!

Still no cell service, but internet is more important!

That's life in the far north.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Point No Point

Hello SayaSenSaya ~~~~~~~~ so Mr. Thomas has moved on then? Did he leave you the fat cat that eats whistlepigs?

Barkerville
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Point No Point

Thomas has moved on, with Catter, from the hotel, but is still in Barkerville running McMohan's Confectionary.

He left the hotel with a great reputation and I hope that I've been able to continue offering great service and grow the business that he worked so hard to create.

You'll have to come up and visit!

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Point No Point

Could be this summer SayaSenSaya - been far too long since we have been up your way and we miss many good friends. I will stop in.

10. Re: Point No Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:16