We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

My family will be traveling to VI in a few weeks. We have one night that we are still undecided about. After spelunking in Horne Lake Cave we will head north to Campbell River or Telegraph Cove. My question is, where should we stay for one night along this route. We have two teenage daughters who are very adventuresome. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,021 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

Why stop anywhere?

The Telegraph Cove area is where you want to be for adventure and it's only a few hours drive.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,166 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

I was thinking the same thing. How long are you planning to be in Telegraph Cove? I had the same issue with my summer plans and ended up tacking the night on to Telegraph Cove and spending an extra day.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

The drive from Horne Lake to Telegraph Cove is less than 3 hrs so you could go straight there unless it is very late in the day that you finish at the caves.

Orchard Lake...
Level Contributor
16 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

Thanks, that would make things easier, I initially thought we would snorkel with the salmon but after watching it on utube, I am doubting that the girls would enjoy it.. Can you offer some suggestions of activities we can do in TC? Lodging ideas too? Thank you so very much!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,166 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

Here's the suggestions I received:

tripadvisor.ca/…32981551

6. Re: Where to stay between Horne Lake Cave and Telegraph Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 20:18