We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14-day itinerary Vancouver, Whistler and Vancouver Island

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MLJ
Smyrna, Delaware
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
14-day itinerary Vancouver, Whistler and Vancouver Island

We will be spending 14 days in BC the first two weeks of October. How does this split of days sound--Any advice would be welcome.

Fly into Vancouver and drive to Whistler

3 nights Whistler

Ferry to Nanaimo and drive to Tofino

2 nights Tofino

Drive to Parkersville -- 2 nights

Victoria -- 3 nights

Ferry to Vancouver -- 4 nights

Fly out of Vancouver

Also any suggestions for nice Hotels, Resorts or B&Bs would be appreciated.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14-day itinerary Vancouver, Whistler and Vancouver Island

Hmmm, that looks like a good itinerary to me, MLJ. If I could tweak it a tiny bit, I would like to see you spending another night in Tofino. But the question is where the other night should come from. Should you deduct one night from Whistler, one night from Parksville or one night from Victoria? I don't know. I feel torn. One thing I know for sure and that is that the extra night in Tofino should not come from the time you have planned for Vancouver (in my opinion).

I hope that, by posting my vague response, I will push this thread back to the top where the BC coastal experts will have a better chance of seeing it and throwing their opinions into the mix.

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 14-day itinerary Vancouver, Whistler and Vancouver Island

MLJ --

I agree with Judy - good first plan - I also would not take a night away from Vancouver - I think early in October I would be inclined to take a day away from Whistler - I have no doubt that if you are a skier you will want to return there mid-ski-season -- and two nights is enough to get a good look at what is available for your next trip --

There are lots of local experts who can help you tweak everything so the trip will be perfect for you -- Enjoy

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14-day itinerary Vancouver, Whistler and Vancouver Island

Hi MLJ

I think you have a good itinery.You may want to adjust a little as Judy mentioned.After your flight of course,the longest leg of your journey is from Whistler to Tofino,so if you wanted to change that you could stay in Praksville on you way over to Tofino,but this would leave you along day from Tofino to Victoria aprox 6 hr drive,but you are there for 3 nights.Both Tofino and Parksville will be similiar type of vacations,both places the highlights are the beach resorts,one on the west coast one on the east coast of the Island.I would give the edge to the west coast.If you want further advice on accomadation,maybe post a few that you are looking at or more info on budget range.Hope this helps