We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone craziness

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
cell phone craziness

I work in lower mainland Richmond/Delta 3-4 days/month. Need a Canadian cell phone for these days, as T mobile, oh bless their hearts, do not offer roaming internationally. I need email,data and cell coverage for calls back to the US and in BC.. I see the SIM cards for sale at Petro Canada but I think thats only for phone calls. Any suggestions?

thank you!!

Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone craziness

Would a plan like this work for you?

telus.com/en_CA/National/products/Small_Busi…

Put this plan on one of their pay as you go phones & your problem should be solved.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,004 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone craziness

T-Mobile absolute offers roaming in Canada. Don't know what your T-Mobile rep was smoking. Perhaps your specific plan or account isn't eligible for roaming.

In fact their rate(0.59/min) can be cheaper than using a Canadian SIM card for calls to the US. Data roaming is expensive at $10/MB.

Petro Canada Mobile website clearly states "Get unlimited web browsing for a low monthly fee" on specific phones. Using that data service on other phones is beyond the scope of this travel forum. Please post your questions on a mobile phone forum.

3. Re: cell phone craziness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:17