We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Hi

i was reading Mufti's post on Canada forum about getting a poster to repost on area specific forum so I am curious how many regulars monitor the Canada forum rather than just the areas specific forum?

Show of hands please (-:

thanks

cb

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,525 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Depends. Its not my first stop, but I'll pop up to that level occassionally if I have time. Maybe a few times a week. But I rarely get past the first page, so it depends on how much traffic there is.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,049 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

I monitor the forums at the "Canada" level, so will usually see any queries about my area in the Rockies. However, I don't think many of the other "regulars" in the various Rockies' forums do (i.e. Banff or banfflakelouise, two of the DEs for Banff, or travelbug, the DE for Canmore) because I have never seen them post outside of the area-specific forums.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Agreed. If the Toronto forum is slow we'll check out the Canada forum, mainly to see if there's anything that's landed in the wrong place, fallen through the cracks, or generally needs help focusing. While on the Canada forum we can pick up Ontario forum questions, or pop into other regions or cities we have some familiarity with.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

I always enter at the Canada level (as I did just now).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

I've always been curious as to how one gets to the "Canada forum" in order to post. When I open "Canada" on the TA list, it always gives me a list of provinces. There is something called the "Canada forums" that I can access through the "breadcrumb" feature. However, that just gives a list of posts for all the provinces. It doesn't seem to help in actually posting something on a forum called "Canada". (Please excuse my ignorance; it's probably something very simple, but I've always wondered.)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,387 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Itchy,

You are right, you can get to the Canada forum by the breadcrumbs. It simply lists all the threads in the whole country for all forums. That is the Canada Forum. Just as the BC Forum lists all the threads in BC. And the Vancouver Island Forum lists everything for there.

On the Canada Forum, there is an ask a question button there, as usual. When your question appears on the listings page, the word "Canada" shows up in black on the left. (On the BC forum, all the BC posted threads will be in black print)

tripadvisor.com/ListForums-g153339-Canada.ht…

On the above link, you will find a pink link above the search bar which takes you to the Canada Forum. I have no idea if this is how a poster gets to the Canada Forum, but that will take you there.

I go to the Canada Forum to catch the stragglers. Some Brits post there because they think that coming to the Rockies is coming to "Canada." Some post there because they are trying to figure out where in the country would be best for their vacation.

Edited: 02 February 2012, 04:26
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,387 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

p.s. And I just noticed that one screen says "Canada Forums" and then another says the "Canada Travel Forum." The latter as always holds the threads.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,952 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

British Columbia is busy enough.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Well, my education proceeds by leaps and bounds! I did everything you said, Mufti, and, after I pressed the question button, the drop-down menu had "Canada" at the top of the list of all the places in Canada for which their is a forum. When I clicked on "Canada", it brought down the usual box on which to post a question. Thank you.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
15,777 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For regulars monitoring Canada forum

Hi all

thanks for participating

Sort of answers the main question which is that we should redirect posters on the other forums since that is where the most traffic is for that area.