We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what should bring when travel to columbia

hanoi, vietnam
1 post
Save Topic
what should bring when travel to columbia

Hi everyone, my family are planning to travel to Columbia, what should do before going

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
16,923 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

Do you really want Columbia in South America, or British Columbia in Canada?

If BC, I regret that your question is far too broad to be given any reasonable advice. What are your interests? What areas do you wish to travel to? What time of the year? Size of group and ages? Amount of time?

British Columbia is about three times the size of Vietnam with many diverse things to see and do. Also, if considering the Canadian Rockies, they are situated mainly in Alberta, not BC.

Before going, check the official Canadian Government website for visa requirements for Vietnam.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

If you could refine your questions then many people on this forum would be only to willing to assist you.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 09:00
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

That's Colombia, a country in South America, not Columbia

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,138 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

Welcome to the forums, Peter ~

Maybe you mean British Columbia.

What should you do before coming to British Columbia? I would actually talk to a Travel Agent first.

Buy a good travel book about our province. I suggest Frommer's British Columbia and the Rockies. Also you could look at our travel website: www.hellobc.com

Apply for a visa in Ho Chi Minh City. Click on this link: cic.gc.ca/english/…ho-chi-minh.asp

Look for flights: http://ca.skyscanner.com/

What should you bring when coming to British Columba?

It depends on the following: What months are you thinking of coming? How many weeks do you want to stay here? what do you want to see and do when you are here?

Tell us some more and we will be happy to help you.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

Also - what part of the province are you visiting? With an immense diversity in this province many things you need in one area you do not necessarily need in another. The phrase: “you can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon” when referring to Vancouver is but one example.

5. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 February 2012, 04:05
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

Rather inappropriate response Ross-I've visited Colombia-it's a wonderful place full of warm welcoming people.

It's at least as scenic as BC with endless beaches, towering mountains, lush jungles, roaring river & Colombian cities are full of art music culture and life on a scale never seen here.

The security problems of the past have largely disappeared- to be replaced by the challenges of any developing world country with a booming economy.

If I was younger I'd move there-at least for a while.

7. Re: what should bring when travel to columbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:39