We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

4 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

My family and I are are arriving into vancouver on august 7. what's the best way to get to the ferry dock for 4 adults and a 2 year old with luggages, car seat, and stroller?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

From yvr.ca/en/…long-distance-scheduled-buses.aspx

Note this bus will take you onto the Ferry and right into downtown Victoria.

ARRIVING FROM A CANADIAN DESTINATION AND HEADING TO VICTORIA?

Check in at the Pacific Coach Ticket counter located at the Domestic Terminal Arrivals Level after collecting your luggage. Bus departs from the International Terminal Receiving lounge, Arrivals Level. Simply walk either through the Domestic Terminal to the International Terminal or proceed out of the building turning left to the International Terminal.

Bus departs from Bay #6.

ARRIVING FROM A U.S.A. OR INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION AND HEADING TO VICTORIA?

Purchase your ticket from the Pacific Coach Lines counter in the International Receiving Lounge, Arrivals level. Simply walk out of the building look for the bus sign to your left as you exit the terminal.

The Victoria bus service connects through the Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay Ferry Terminals

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

Thank you for the info SamSalmon

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

Personally, for the number of people you have and luggage, I'd take a van taxi located right out front of the arrivals level at YVR.

Use http://www.taxime.ca to calculate the fare.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

If we take a taxi do you know if they charge per person on top of the fare?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

No they don't charge per person on top of fare. Most vehicles hold 4 pax so you'll need a van which can hold 5. I have never paid more for a van vs a car.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,634 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

John, I'm just going to double check that what you are thinking for "ferry dock" is the same thing we are thinking. Are you talking about going to Tsawwassen for the ferry to either Swartz Bay or to Duke Point.

Are you good to go when you get to the other side? Either someone is picking you up? Or you have some way of getting into either city. Victoria is about 40 minutes from where the ferry arrives and Duke Point is about 15 minutes from Nanaimo.

I wonder if your question should be "What are the options for getting to Victoria from YVR?"

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,634 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

Oh, look at that, I guess the destination is in your subject title. :-)

However, my other points might be something to be aware of.

8. Re: Transportation from yvr to tswassen ferry terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:45