We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to Visit The Eagles!

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Time to Visit The Eagles!

If there's a bunch of Eagles feeding near where you live *now* is the time to go & enjoy these magnificent animals.

Eagle Watch on the Squamish River reported over 150 in plain view today from the dyke @ Eagle Run.

I'm sure there are all kinds around the Harrison & environs as well-anyone know any other places in BC to visit?

Edited: 09 December 2012, 03:57
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,484 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to Visit The Eagles!

Had a beautiful, low fly-past down at the pier in Port Moody yesterday morning, but only the one.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to Visit The Eagles!

The party is still on-spotted over 50 Eagles kettling on 2 different thermals yesterday and many more in the trees/riverbanks.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time to Visit The Eagles!

Fantastic news Sam. Will try to go over New Years. Last year missed the spectacle by mere days.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Time to Visit The Eagles!

As of yesterday Eagle Run on the Squamish only held a few birds but there are more along the Mamquam and all kinds in the Cheakamus Valley bottom between the Outdoor School & the Bailey Bridge-look to the tallest Cottonwoods for details.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Time to Visit The Eagles!

We have lots of eagles here too sam. It is a common sight to see and hear them throughout the year gliding past. Visitors are always amazed we don’t constantly point them out to each other. We have trees protected because of the nests in them. From my front yard I can watch the same pair every year return to a tall cedar that is only 2 blocks away. I watch them with my binoculars. I like this place.

6. Re: Time to Visit The Eagles!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:16