We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Seattle to Victoria

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, North...
4 posts
Save Topic
Flying from Seattle to Victoria

Does anyone have any feedback regarding flying non-stop on a conventional plane, ie - Alaska Airlines - from Seattle (SEA) to Victoria (YYJ)? I don't want to take a float/sea plane nor does the Victoria Clipper seem particularly appealing due to motion-sickness. Thanks!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,021 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

What do you mean by 'feedback'?

Have you not flown in the past?

Chapel Hill, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

I meant that I have not seen any discussions regarding taking a conventional airplane flight from Seattle to Victoria and it looks to me to be easier than taking the Victoria Clipper.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,750 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

Hi Linda ~

You would have to get from downtown Seattle to SeaTac Airport, which is about 30-40 minutes south of Seattle, by transit, in time to check in, etc. Fly to Victoria Airport which is about 45 min by Akal Shuttle services north of downtown Victoria. If it means anything, almost no one asks about flying from SEA to YYJ, they mostly ask about the ferries if they're driving, or the Clipper if they're not.

http://www.victoriaairportshuttle.com/

There is nothing to be especially noted about taking a conventional flight, it's just an option. A return fare is about $US445 pp, which is probably why people don't have many discussions about that option here.

You could also consider coming up to Vancouver on Amtrak Cascades and transferring at the same station in Vancouver to Pacific Coach Lines to go across to Victoria.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

The trip by float plane is gorgeous....

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,519 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

most people do choose the float plane option since it leaves from downtown Seattle direct to the Inner Harbor in Victoria. The airport to airport is fine but you have to get to Seatac and then from Victoria airport to downtown, but otherwise its a nice flight. Its still going to be a propeller plane not a big jet.

look for specials on

alaskaair.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

Here is the Clipper schedule -

www.clippervacations.com/ferry_schedule

It takes 2 3/4 hours from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria. The boat goes through lovely scenery. It is mentioned so often on the Vancouver and Seattle forums because taking the Clipper adds to the holiday for many visitors.

Flying Alaska Airlines from SEATAC to Victoria International would have the same advantages/disadvantages as other flights from one airport to another.

I can sympathize with visitors who are apprehensive about taking the float planes. I have issues with heights and have actually flown via regular airline from Vancouver International to Victoria International in order to avoid taking a float plane (or the Helijet services). It's was just like taking a flight from Vancouver International to any other destination (except that it was a short flight at a lower elevation with a beautiful view of all the islands as we flew over them).

In the end, you must do whatever is comfortable for you (and allow the time to do it). It would be sad if your trip became very stressful for you because of the mode of transportation.

7. Re: Flying from Seattle to Victoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 05:15