We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

Need help!!! and urgently!!!

I have always sorted out my travel plans but for some reason am stuck this time and cannot get it together.

we are 4 adults, 1 teenager and a child of 10 years who will be in Toronto in July and plan to visit Bnaff, Nova scotia and BC but just cannot put it together. We have 10 days holiday and would like to see the most that we can. Do help get me started, how to go about it, places to see/stay- B&Bs. No cruises option please

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,694 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

You cannot visit the destinations you wish in that time the distances are far too great-perhaps after visiting Toronto you could fly to Calgary rent a car and visit the Rockies.

Each of those destinations have their own forum here as linked

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g155019-i55-Toront…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Can…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,169 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

Welcome to the forum, Gloria ~

Just as a point of reference, starting with Toronto.

Toronto to Calgary will take you across 2 time zones, 3500 km, and a flight of 4 hours.

Toronto to Vancouver will take you across 3 time zone, 4500 km and a flight of 5 hours.

Vancouver to Halifax NS will take you across 4 times zones, 6000 km and a flight of approximately 7 hours with a stopover.

How to go about it?

You would be best to choose Toronto and one other area and spend time in those areas. Toronto 3 days, Banff and Jasper 7 days. Or Toronto 2 days and Nova Scotia 8 days. That will be all the time you have. You are not anywhere close to asking about things to see or where to stay at this point.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

yup...above information is correct. you need to pick east or west. east...beautiful scenary, ocean, great maritime spirit west - beautiful scenary, mountains, lakes pick your preference. one thing to take note of if you pick west. there is a big event in calgary alberta (where you'd fly into for the rockies) from july 5-14. pretty much the entire city is booked full and there will be spill over to banff/lake louise before, after and during those dates. just a cautionary note.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,684 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

You need at least three weeks for that trip.

You say you cannot get it sorted, which suggests you have done some work. Perhaps we could try to work with what you have so far?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

Not sure that the OP comprehends that Dubai is approximately 4,000 square kilometres and Canada is around 1,000,000 square kilometres. So, roughly 2,500 times the size of Dubai.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,684 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

I'm always curious about these sorts of geographical distances - love Google maps for this functionality.

Halifax, Nova Scotia to Vancouver, BC is 6,141 km

Dubai, UAE to Milan, Italy is 6,106.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,169 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

BC is 1 million km2. Canada is closer to 10 million km2. Even more impressive contrast.

8. Re: Visit to BC, Nova Scotia and Bnaff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:16