We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change of email address

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
293 reviews
Save Topic
Change of email address

I'm sorry...I searched all over Trip Advisor to find where I can make a change of email address, but can't seem to find how to do it?

Can't something as basic as this be made easily available to subscribers?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,604 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change of email address

Hi Lagusaya ~

For future reference, the place to ask a question about how to do something on TA is on the Support Forum. You can find that forum by either looking above your avatar and click on the blue print "All" then find Support in the list. Or look to the right side where it says "Beyond Destinations Forum" and click on the blue print "See all" just underneath and find Support in the list.

But I just happen to know how to do this.

At the top edge of this page, you will see "Your Trip Advisor." Hover your mouse over that and choose "Profile."

Now you have the profile page open. At the top left you will see your avatar and user name. Snug up underneath that you will see another "Your Trip Advisor." Click on that and you will find a menu of 8 topics, one of them being "Account Settings." Open that and you will see the field where your email address is entered. Edit that and toward the bottom, enter your TA password and "save."

2. Re: Change of email address

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 17:35
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change of email address

I would not publish my email address in the forum post to avoid another hacking of my account...

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,308 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change of email address

"The email account I have listed with you ..." Hi Maryanne C. From your comment I think you are assuming that posting on this forum is like communicating with TripAdvisor staff. The people that respond here are volunteers who answer travel related questions not paid staff working on behalf of TA. I would follow Mufti's advice and go on to the Support Forum and ask there. I would also remove your post with your email address in it so, as tdsuperstar notes, you have less chance of getting hacked again.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,703 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change of email address

Hi Maryanne;

NEVER post your email address, or other private information, on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately ! Posting your email address on the internet can dramatically increase the amount of spam you receive.

Best Regards

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,703 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change of email address

For the sake of her security, I've reported post #2 as "Posted personal info". Hopefully, others will too.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,032 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change of email address

I started to send you a message, then realized that if you are working from the iPad app, you won't see it. You will be able to do what you want to do if you use your iPad browser (Safari) to navigate to the TA webpage. From there you will have access to your account where you can update the info. The problems you are having are a result of working within the TA app, which is quite limited.

8. Re: Change of email address

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:16