We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

attractions

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland
Level Contributor
97 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
attractions

Hello, We've looked at so many attractions to visit next week while we're in Vancouver but we do not have an unlimited amount of cash. I realise attractions are down to personal preference but out of the following are there any that are must do's or maybe not really worth the cost. Vancouver aquarium, capilano suspension bridge, grouse mountain, vancouver lookout, whistler peak-2-peak. Thanks in advance.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,039 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: attractions

Instead of the overpriced Capilano Suspension Bridge consider Lynn Canyon.

http://lynncanyon.ca/

What do you mean by 'Vancouver Lookout'?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,245 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: attractions

That's the revolving tower at Harbour Centre, and I'd give that a miss. I prefer the view from Cloud 9 anyway, which is at the top of the hotel formally known as the Sheraton Landmark (but I don't think it's a Sheraton anymore). It's a fairly pricey restaurant, but if you go up for breakfast or afternoon coffee you can get the view and the revolving tower thrown in for free.

sunderland
Level Contributor
97 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: attractions

Hello and thank you. We did think about Lynn Canyon but as we would be using public transport thought it would be more difficult to get to or is it relatively straight forward? Appreciate the info about breakfast or coffee at Cloud 9, great idea.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
10,960 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: attractions

Very easy to use public transport to get to Lynn Canyon. Seabus to Lonsdale then one bus. The info is in top questions for exact bus #. Just as easy as getting to Capilano and better choice imo. As noted skip the lookout. Take transit to Queen Elizabeth Park. Walk to the top by the conservatory. Fabulous views of yhe city plus a lovely free garden

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,883 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: attractions

Grouse needs to be done when you can see the top of the mountain. If you can't see the top of the mountains for cloud cover, you won't be able to see through the clouds down to the city when you're up top.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,245 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: attractions

For Lynn Canyon Park, the bus doesn't drop you off right out front. You have to walk a few blocks through a quiet and pleasant residential neighbourhood to the park entrance. But yes, the bus trip is easy. Don't be afraid to check with the drivers. The vast majority of them are very helpful and quite willing to call stops if you let them know where you need to get off.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,883 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: attractions

Just a wee point of clarification. Make sure you take the #229 from Lonsdale Quay. It will drop you at the entrance to the park at Peters and Duval, which is 400 metres from the suspension bridge. See the following map:

http://goo.gl/maps/UW8ad

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
23,143 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: attractions

Hayley, when in Whsitler, watch for the little storefronts that sell Peak2Peak tickets at a discount. I wish I could remember where we bought ours! But don't buy in advance or online. If the weather doesn't cooperate, you won't want to go up. And if it is super windy, they have to shut it down.

sunderland
Level Contributor
97 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: attractions

Thank you all, you're advice and the information provided has helped me a great deal. Getting very excited now.

10. Re: attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:18