We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

Which British Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether to put this question in the British Columbia or the Alberta forum so I'll try this forum first. We are just looking for somewhere nice to stop for lunch half way between Jasper and Revelstoke to break the journey. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Selbeep.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

there are so many beautiful outdoor places to stop, i'd pack a picnic and just stop when you are hungry at one of the outdoor areas. if you want a restaurant, you could look at something in lake louise - we enjoyed http://www.lakelouisestation.com.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,139 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

I assume you are taking the Icefields Parkway (#93N) south to the TCH#1, and then west to Revy. There are only a couple of spots with food service to stop at along the parkway. Sunwapta Falls Lodge is reported to be pretty good, but it's only 55 km from Jasper, so probably not quite where you want to stop for lunch. The Columbia Icefield visitor centre and The Crossing "Resort" are both so-so and expensive. I don't know if there is anything open at Num-ti-jah Lodge at Bow Lake ... that would be one place that I would be interested in checking out. Check out their website (I pulled it up but was having trouble with it.) http://www.sntj.ca/ Otherwise, the next choice is, as mentioned, Lake Louise. After that, there is the café in Field ("Truffle Pigs" - I'm not sure of opening hours), and then nothing until Golden (lots of fast food choices on the highway bypass) ... and then once you leave Golden, not much until you hit Revelstoke.

Another option, one we've done a few times, is Laggan Bakery in Samson Mall in LL. There are tables out back along the Pipestone River; it's a really nice spot to sit and doesn't feel like you are in the middle of a busy mall. We love the coffee at Laggans. However, be forewarned about prices. Last time we were there (last fall), two sandwiches, two large coffees and two cookies set us back $24.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,042 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

We had lunch in Field and I think that's a good halfway stop. I was just looking on Google Streetview and I think it was The Siding Cafe we ate at. As I recall, the service was a little slow and the prices were a little high, but the food was good and generous portions. Its a tiny, tiny village without too many options, but that's what makes it a cute place to stop.

Although...hang on here. Is this your one day on the Icefields parkway? Or will you have already driven it once? If this is your one and only trip down the Icefields Parkway, then I STRONGLY encourage you to stop at a deli or bakery in Jasper in the morning and take a packed lunch with you. You don't want to waste precious time stopping for a sit down restaurant meal, there's too much to see and do along the parkway and you aren't going to want to miss any of it.

Rio de Janeiro...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

Truffle pigs in field, or, if you have more time, emerald lake lodge (off the main highway but worth the detour IMO).

Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

Thanks all for your helpful replies. We'll probably stop off in Field as it's more or less half way or our other option is to have a picnic along they way.

6. Re: Nice Place for Lunch Half Way between Jasper and Revelstoke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 05:17