We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

1410, Melbourne, Australia, 1 forum posts

My wife and I made a trip of a lifetime with APT and it was beyond our expectaions. Although we were the only ones arriving on the first evening in Victoria BC We were still greeted by an APT staff with a big smile. Amazing. Once you see Victoria and the Buchart Gardens no other place or garden can come even close to the colour and beauty that Victoria has. We were very lucky to have Zita as our tour director and Wayne our bus driver. Zita was knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. Knowing us Aussies we like to have fun but she was up to the challenge and joined in. A tour director can make or break a good holiday. Zita made our holiday extra special. On saying goodbye to her just before we boarded the Zuiderdam cruise to Alaska we all gave her the "aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi" salute. Wayne was kind and attentive to our needs. Best of all he used his step ladder to clean all the windows so we could get great photos from the bus. Amazing. All the 'kodak' moments were told to us way in advance and many tips as well so we do not miss out on the moment. That comes with years of experience and a love of being a tour director. Thank you Zita and Wayne for making our trip a real trip of a lifetime. We have too many more reviews so watch this space.

All the best from Sandra and Alister.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

Sounds like a great tour! Glad you enjoyed your time!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,169 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

Hello tele1410 ~

I'm glad you made your way to the BC Forums from the Aust Forums, where I read your post yesterday. Thank you for doing so as we have questions about tours from time to time and your report will add to our current rather small amount of information.

I will encourage you to expand a bit on your tour, if you will. Did you arrive at Victoria from Oz, via Vancouver or LAX? or? How long was your tour and did it include only Victoria? It would be helpful if you would describe a bit more of your tour with APT.

Thank you for posting.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

Hi, we are doing a similar trip with APT in May. We have been asked to choose our Freedom of Choice tour for Victoria and would love to go out on a whale watch. I know this is a long shot but do you know which whale watch company APT use as I would like to check the reviews on TA before booking. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and I can't wait to leave.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,169 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

Hi favnet ~

There are handful of whale watching tours out of Victoria. They are competitive and cooperative with each other. When one finds the whales, the radio messages crackle out to all boats. There is not much difference other than in the staff attitude and style. I'll list some here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154945-d6…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154945-d1… ... I went with this one and had a brilliant time. The biologist was more than knowledgeable, informative and personable.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154945-d1…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154945-d6…

Just a few! One thing to be aware of is the difference between zodiac (open boat, few pax) and the (62 foot) cruiser with a cabin, head and coffee/hot chocolate.

As you are booked, I would email APT and ask them which company they are contracted with.

5. Re: Victoria the most colourful place on earth. APT tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 07:19