We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heliskiing from Lake Louise

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Hi.

We are staying at Lake Louise mid. Jan. and I would like to do a one day, 5 trip, Heliskiing outing. It looks like I have 2 options: RK and Purcell but both have a minimum number required to run a transfer from Lake Louise so it looks like I will have to hire a car for the day. So my questions is - which is the best? RK or Purcell and can I hire a car in Lake Louise? Thanks in advance for any input.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Better to post in Alberta forum as thats where LL is located

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,185 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Ha ha! ! He had posted on the LL forum, but was advised there to post here ... the reason being there is no heli-skiing in the national parks and the areas/operators where he is considering going are in BC. The rental car questions have been answered on the LL forum.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,759 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Still, with that wording, can't really help on the BC Forums.

What is the BC related question?

Edited: 26 October 2013, 22:20
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,085 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

The two heliski options are in Golden , Purcell heliski. And Panorama. RK heliski. Both in BC. op might get better response with new question about heliskiing in these two spots.

That's the BC connection.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,759 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Yes, my point exactly, reword the question.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,032 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Basically, if you don't understand the question, then you probably can't help with an answer.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

I thought the question was fairly straight forward! I'm 100 sure that both the operators are based in BC so I posted here (as I was advised to) as well but I obviously should not have mentioned I was going to be in LL as it must be a sore point with the obviously unfriendly BC experts! So I shall scuttle off back to the LL forum and not darken this hallowed BC forum again!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,759 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Rob, I'm sorry you got that impression. You will see from our other posts that we are quite friendly and do our best to help. Thank you for sharing your perception though. I appreciate getting that feedback.

However, Lake Louise is in Alberta and a question about heliskiing from Alberta is not something we here in BC would necessarily know about.

The suggestion has been made to repost with a question about heliskiing in the East Kootenays, Golden and Panorama being in the Columbia River Valley. There may be few who can help you, but your question would be better understood.

Here is one previous thread about Purcell: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154922-i80-k39673…

And RK: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154911-i221-k4053…

Something in German at Golden with 'heliskiing' in the title of the review. Google translate is there too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g181785-d201…

Another idea would be send a Private Message to Lee L in post 6 of the following thread. Seems promising, no guarantees.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g181774-i8527-k522…

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

Oh please Rob any questions regarding your post were in an effort to try and help you

10. Re: Heliskiing from Lake Louise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:22